"Cuper's Gardens were 17–18th century pleasure gardens (or tea gardens) on the south side of the River Thames in Lambeth, London. The gardens looked over to Somerset House near Waterloo Bridge, and were centered on what is now the north end of Waterloo Road." 
Name of Business / Business Owner
Annotations / Handwritten Text
Mark Beaufoy's distillery operated in Cupers Gardens from the 1740s until 1810 before moving to South Lambeth. The company eventually became British Vinegars Limited, operating until 1960. 
Invoice indicates 2 pounds, 3 shillings, 6 pence 
Page Last Updated
 "hogshead, n." OED Online, Oxford University Press, March 2020, www.oed.com/view/Entry/87629. Accessed 27 March 2020."
 “BRITISH VINEGARS LIMITED.” COLLECTIONS CATALOGUE, London Metropolitan Archives, search.lma.gov.uk/scripts/mwimain.dll/144/LMA_OPAC/web_detail/REFD B~2FBFY?SESSIONSEARCH.
 “Money.” Money - Manuscripts and Special Collections, The University of Nottingham, www.nottingham.ac.uk/manuscriptsandspecialcollections/researchguidance/weightsandmeasures/money.aspx.